Tuesday, November 21, 2006

AAW, HIGH HEELS!

Another woman stuff I can’t understand besides mascara (that takes my precious time to put it on my eye lashes only to look like a ghost when I wash my face afterwards) is high heel shoes. I just can’t understand why most women choose to suffer wearing them around.
I had a pair once, with extremely high and sharp heels that I think I can kill someone with it. They’re lovely, but I only wore them twice before threw them away. The first time was on my sister’s wedding – soon after it’s over I got off the car with them on my arms, and started trotting to the house with bare feet. Second time, I dared to do that to church which was just around the corner of my boarding house and I was tempted to walk home without them, cos it was such a torture to wear them.
Anyway, someone just gave me another pair, and my normal heel shoes are about to fall apart so I didn’t want to risk it when going to church last Sunday. So I wore these high heel shoes but just standing with bare feet during the service. And as Mariana and I were waiting for the bus in Jakarta heat (after walking a little around the mall), I whined about my dislike toward that kind of shoes. I really missed my comfortable sneakers and flipflops. Too bad they just don’t match with skirts, eh?
But anyway, I’ve just bought a lovely pair of shoes. And they are pretty, and have no heel at all. I think I will never wear any high heels anymore. I’d rather be not so pretty without them, but free to move around comfortably, than walk like a robot and wince all the time from the pain on my feet muscle!

No comments: