Friday, January 04, 2008

MY FIRST LOVE….

…was sweet, and indeed hit the spot. It tasted peachy, a bit tangy too… all in all, refreshing!
Don’t be taken in too fast, my friends… I’m not being sentimentally romantic, I’m talking about a drink I had in a Chinese restaurant yesterday.
Yes, it is called First Love, such an eye-catching phrase in the menu, sweeter to read and imagine than, say, Drunken Chicken or whatsoever weird names for the other foods listed on the main menu.
Upon hearing the name of peach, I succumbed and ordered one. And I was not disappointed. So if I had been asked, “How was your first love?”, I would have answered (referring to the drink), “My first love was sweet, without the least tint of bitterness.” But in another context, I probably would not say so.
My first love (unrelated to the drink) was kind of rough, more bitter than sweet, lots to remember, but more to (wistfully) forget. And come to think of it, I look at being in love as a double-edged sword. It could protect, but also could hurt. It is also like a fruit; could be sour, could be sweet. And it is only sweet, when it is not unrequited!

No comments: