Thursday, October 23, 2008

KNOWING WHERE HE IS DOESN’T MEAN THAT I DON’T MISS HIM

It’s been quite 5 months since he went away, leaving me with the memories and longings to see him again, to hear him laugh and tease me again, to love and be loved by him again. I know I will, but while waiting for the time to come, I have to deal with these feelings. They say that grieve lessens but does not dissipate, and until then the healing will be incomplete. How true it is.
I don’t have the least of doubt of where he is right now, though it is sometimes hard to imagine such a perfect place -- where there are no tears or sorrow--, amidst this broken, imperfect world. And when I wake up in the middle of the night, think about him and shed a tear or two, I wonder if he also misses me out there. And if the thought of me mars his perfect happiness with a tingle of pain, a pain of being separated from the loved ones, I truly hope that he never thinks of me. After all, he had always thought of me first during my almost 27 years of age.
And, thinking that where he is right now must be full with joy, indeed gives me a great consolation and enables me to grieve with hope all this time.
But I miss him still. I miss listening to him humming in the morning, I miss watching him reading on his couch, sipping coffee and commenting on my latest literary work. I miss laying my head on his shoulders and letting him know how much he meant to me, despite the lack of words exchanged.
However, instead of weeping over this great loss incessantly, I’d rather give thanks for the years, months, days, hours, and seconds that I spent together with him, in our unconditional love, the glimpse of another love, which is greater than life itself. After all, not every kid in the world has the privilege of being raised up by a good and loving father like mine.

No comments: