Friday, April 10, 2009

A FUN CLASS ON GOOD FRIDAY




It is strange for me that we have a class on Good Friday in Italy, while most others have a week off for Easter (it’s not fairrrrrrr!!!).
Anyway, out of the three different classes, my favorite is the main one—grammar. And most of the grammar classes are held in the campus near my house too, so it is convenient to walk there, probably only 3 minutes. The others are oral exercises and a class on Italian culture, held in a farther campus. To reach it, I have to walk for 20 minutes, passing a busy street and then a winding path down to a kind of valley, with flowers blossoming everywhere. It’s beautiful, but after a long day, climbing up to go home is very tiring….
And I did not enjoy at all the first two encounters of my Italian culture class, because the professor talked too much, and I found it extremely hard to keep my eyes open, let alone to concentrate. After our first meeting, I had to drag my feet to the second. And today, on Good Friday, there was also her class at 11.00-13.00.
Sometimes, I am tempted to skip this class (like many other students do), esp. if it is held in the afternoon when napping or strolling around the centre is much more appealing than sitting in a classroom, but I keep telling myself that I am here to study and I have to be faithful even in small things like that. Even if it means killing my feet walking to the campus more than once in a day.
Anyway, today I had fun because the teacher found another way of teaching us. She said we would play a game, then she wrote five random words and asked us in group, to write a passage using the 5 words. And then, each group should present the story one by one. And at the end of the reading of each group, she threw a chocolate to each member of the group, and the lesson ended an hour earlier, maybe because she also wanted to go home faster since it is Good Friday.
And I was just amazed because all of my classmates seemed to be really good at writing, and their stories were beautiful, even much better than mine!


ps. here i attached the view from the window of the restroom of the farther campus

No comments: