Friday, July 14, 2006



During my trip to Padang, we dropped by Bukit Tinggi and saw a zoo with a big board saying: Horse ride Rp. 5000, Elephant ride Rp. 3000. Sandra and I were rushing to the officer to ask about it, and we were stunned to learn that the elephant had died. Maybe too much being ridden.

The first time was in September last year, when I went to Thailand with my colleagues. I made a mistake of spending the rest of my baht to join a tour (that was a fiasco and didn’t include elephant’s ride), and that night I was very sad to think that I would miss the opportunity to ride an elephant while I was in Chiang Mai. Fortunately smart Sandra offered a solution and there we were….riding my fave animal in the drizzle.


I told myself that though it was very exciting, I actually wanted to sit right on their back, and not in a chair like that.
God listened to my secret wish. Watch this!

No comments: