Tuesday, August 08, 2006

16 YEARS HAVE PASSED, AND NOW I HAVE DIFFERENT EYES




Gina came to visit my hometown last week-end, so we went to a volcano with my family. The first and last time I was there was 16 years ago, when I was still 9. Back then it was much more challenging to climb up to the top, yet my parents and I made it. I don’t remember feeling sore after that, but Mom said it took three days to recover from sore limbs.
Now there are steps that make it easier to the top and see the crater, still it was a struggle for me, since I didn’t really feel well. My parents are now too old for such a thing, so they waited at the foot of the mountain.
I got very sick soon after I got there, so I just laid down and couldn’t really enjoy the crater. I didn’t think it was as beautiful as before, either because I have seen better places, or because it is not as it was.
Poor Gina, I was not such a fun companion because of that stinky gastritis!

No comments: