Tuesday, August 08, 2006

ANOTHER REJECTION SLIP CAME

And did my heart break in pieces? Nope
Did my eyes shed a tear because of that? No, not really
Did it make me want to give up writing stories? Not at all!

Well, I am proud of how I take it. Yes I used to hope a lot that my script would be published (and probably then I would earn enough money to fly me to Italy). But too long a waiting (more than 6 months) really helped reduce the pain of being (again) rejected.

But I still remember how it was so enjoyable to write that story. I enjoyed it from the first page up to the end. I did lots of research and interviews and readings and really put my best on it (without being rushed by the deadline). My Dad was the first reader, and he seemed to be impressed. My doctor friend Wulan was also willing to be the next, and she said she had the big kick out of it. Gina was there since the idea was conceived (on a crazy bus ride one afternoon), and she was there yesterday to give me a consoling hug when I told her the bad news. She said it motivated her more to continue reading it again (it is rather hard for her to read a novel in Indonesian)-she doesn’t care about the fact that it’s a rejected writing, considered still below the standard of the biggest publishing company in Indonesia.

Italy feels so far, for a brief moment. But as I sit staring at the bracelet and listening to the Italian music from a CD that Intan gave me as one of her birthday gifts for me, I feel consoled, cos they do seize the distance.

And you know what? I think it’s time to write another story!

3 comments:

eSter said...

tanti.. i love your story!! really!!
tapi yaah. mungkin karna yg lo bilang tadi.. standar di Indonesia beda kalee..

tapi lo tau ga.. yg gw denger dari cerita tentang penulis terkenal.. mereka banyak di tolak, tapi itu bisa jadi batu kali eh salah batu loncatan bagi mereka utk berusaha lebih keras.. dan berhasil... mungkin ini juga batu loncatan buat elo... gw yakin lo pasti bisa... apa sih yang tanti ga bisa lakukan.. ntar lagi pasti ada cerita2 baru lo lagi... gw aja ga sabar nh.. kemaren gw terima mail lo yg 'miss france', gw pikir lo bikin cerita lagi tentang org perancis.. tapi ternyata engga :( hayoo donk, gw tunggu mail lo...hehe...cerita gratis sih mxd gw..

suatu saat gw yakin, lo pasti bakal majang ato [klo lo emang pengen bikin gw sirik] lo kirim foto lo sedang di itali..

btw tan, kalo ada karya2 baru.. jgn lupa bagi ya!!! pokoknya gw fans pertama lo deh [ehm, supaya dapet cerita gratis HAHAHAHA]

Anonymous said...

hai.. hai..
jadi maluu.. ,
saya khan nge-blog baru, newbie juga..

btw dah kirim brapa cerita neh ke mas titon ....
kita tempur yah hehehehe...

Anonymous said...

Dear Tanti,

That's my girl! Itu dia baru Tanti sesungguh-sungguhnya, udah menunggu dlm ketidakpastian berbulan2, menggantung banyak mimpi dan harapan at nowhere, dan akhirnya dapat jawaban: rejection! Tapi teteup masih mau menulis, sampe 2 cerita lagi!! Itu baru namanya penulis sejati. In fact, i feel sorry for them who won't read ur book, they'll fail to see a new rising, one that will be a famous novelist taking the first steps of her journey exploring the unlimited world : mind.