Tuesday, August 22, 2006

OMIGOSH!





My deep apology for thinking so badly about the postal system (which is often bad, anyway).

I almost gave up a hope that Sarah’s gift for my birthday was only super late, though I knew she sent it at the end of May. I still prayed that it was only late, not lost or stolen on the way, but it never came.
But last Friday, our team had a reorganization day (a term that means putting back the scattered books, papers and other stuff to their proper place)—and Kristina found an unopened package from Switzerland, hiding among the documents and papers and books that I didn’t have time to even look at. Apparently, someone brought it from the main office and put it on my desk when I was traveling, and it got buried there for 2 months!
Sarah knows me very well that she anticipated my enthusiasm towards the coming (I mean last) World Cup that she sent me a cute blue shirt with big ITALIA letters, Italian logo and my fave player number (9-Luca Toni!) along with a cool football magazine in Italian.
Imagine how difficult it was for me to find an Italian T-shirt before watching the final game! Ooohhh…(but now I have two!)
But no probs, I am so happy that I found it, and the Italian stuff will never be too ‘stale’ for me because I will love it forever.
She has been showering me with all Italian football stuff, again and again, knowing that I am such an Italy-freak (and I’m not ashamed to show it to the world!)

I really thank people who can understand my fondness to something, and who can appreciate and respect what I really love and crazy about and thus hold dear, even though they might not feel the same with me.

No comments: