Thursday, May 18, 2006

A WHINER IS NOT A WINNER

This morning I read a passage in Numbers 11. In the first verse it says, “When the people complained, it displeased the Lord.”
On and on it tells about how the Israelites kept murmuring against the Lord. They were given manna on the dessert, yet instead of being grateful, they remembered when they had cucumbers, garlic, and melons in Egypt. That’s the only thing they remembered the most: good things in the past, which led to dissatisfaction in the present. They forgot that they’d been slaves, ill-treated, and miserable. Hence, they only whined, instead of giving thanks for what God has delivered them out of.
Sometimes I find myself shaking my head in disbelief, reading about how stubborn and hard-heartened they were. How could they be, when they had witnessed so many miracles before their very eyes?
But this morning, it was like reading my own biography. I too, like them, have been whining and complaining and murmuring and bitter (yeah, just look at some posts before), while I have so much to be thankful for.
I was wanting melon when I had abundant manna.
Today I realized, being the whiner is not what I wanna be, cos a whiner is not a winner!

No comments: