Wednesday, February 15, 2006

(NOT) LOVING BANDUNG (ON A RAINY DAY)

A windy and heavy rain welcomed me as I entered Bandung, and I was starving in the bus. I had a light breakfast, thinking that I could make it before lunch time. But the toll road was still under reconstruction so the trip was longer than I had expected.
Not far from me, a girl opened up a bag of chips and started munching, and my mouth watered. Where are the street vendors when you need them? I often think that they are bugging, but at that time I wished they had been there. Suddenly I missed my Mom and her habit, loading her children lots of foods when we’re about to travel. I just closed my eyes and secretly praying that the rain would stop when we arrived at the station. But it didn’t. It was pouring mercilessly on my poor little body as I got off the bus. I nodded when someone offered me a taxi. He and the driver set a high price. I tried to haggle a bit, but then I gave up because I was worried that the raindrops would ruin the precious electronic equipment I was carrying cos my tiny umbrella didn’t help much. After we arrived at my destination, the driver asked so much more than the price we had agreed on. I was so upset, but couldn’t do much but paying him that much. Gggrrrhhhhhh…….it was a bad trip and a bad day for me, but I was cheered up a bit when my friend and I decided to watch our favorite movie While You Were Sleeping. I used to watch it on TV every Christmas and never got bored with it. Hmmm…it’s so romantic! I love Jack (Bill Pullman) and Lucy (Sandra Bullock) and her dreams to visit Italy just like mine…I even like the poinsettia she brought on Christmas party at The Callaghans’….such a right movie to soothe you when everything seems to go wrong…

No comments: