Monday, April 24, 2006

BEING CLOSE TO NATURE IS ALWAYS WONDERFUL


Spending time close to the nature always makes me feel refreshed. I’d rather have sore feet for climbing up the hill than for going around the mall and is exposed to hedonism and skin showing people.
Nature is beautiful with its greeneries, my favorite bright yellow Alamanda flowers, cloudless blue sky and the peaceful sound of dripping water that feels soft and cool on your face.
And they make you think of their Creator, who came down to earth He created two thousand years ago, to be one of us, to feel how it is like to walk in our shoes, to know how it is like to have a broken heart for being rejected and despised.
That same Creator loves me so much that after He gave Himself for me, He also sent me great friends to share the beauty of His love and creation with.
And it was a great Easter week for me. The hiking was a confirmation of my total recovery from dengue, and the get together reminded me of how great it is to have friends to laugh together with. Sure we all have struggles in our personal and spiritual lives and works, and we all have dreams not yet to come true. But I pray that each of us will not lose focus on what really matters for eternity (beyond all the pleasures and wealth and happiness according to the standard of this temporary world), and will fix our eyes on it with the power of our risen Lord.

No comments: