Friday, June 02, 2006

THE INTRUDER

Last night an odd thing that freaked me out happened. Around 1.30 am, I heard someone trying to open the sliding door near my room. And I suddenly turned my body around when that someone suddenly opened my room’s door (which unfortunately I had forgotten to lock!)—squinting my eyes and preparing for a defense.
He said he was looking for the wife of Bob Sidle, which happens to be the owner of the house, and that he was tired and he wanted some food and water and all other rant. At that time I already jumped off my bed and then locked my door, after asking him to ring a bell. He tried to force me to tell the owner upstairs, but I told him once again to ring a bell near the front door.
Instead, he sat on a bench in front of my room and started making up a dialogue in English, and then he uttered a loud prayer, maybe for an hour. I was so freaked out, but I tried to listen to his words. He talked about many things, which confirmed my guess that he was out of his mind.
I sms-ed one of my roommate upstairs to wake one of the maids up, but when they checked him out, he was already gone.
(FYI, my room’s location is a bit isolated, apart from the main house).
So, I couldn’t go back to sleep after that. Oh, so much to add to my restless nights!

No comments: