Wednesday, June 14, 2006

SOCCER SUMMARY

French was lame last night. Zidane was there, but it was not the same team who won the world cup 8 years ago.
I found myself yelling and hooting for Switzerland, even though I didn't know most of the players. There were some who play in Bundesliga, but since I don't usually watch any other league besides Italian and Premier (UK), their faces were not familiar to me.

After that i managed to sleep for an hour, before woke up to watch Brazil against Croatia. I always complained about how it was not fun to watch football without any friends, so I was lucky to get to know Dewi, a soccer fan at my new boarding house. I learned that she's from the same town and attended the same high school, only she's 5 years older than me. Anyway, it has been so much fun to watch together with her, hooting for handsome players,( we both were awed by the movie-star-like looks of Petr Cech (Czech goalie) and Luca Toni (Italian striker)) and chided those who missed the goal, mostly in Sundanese (it's been so long since I spoke Sundanese with anyone).

But we both gave up and chose to go back to bed before the game ended last night. It was around 3 am and the first half was not over yet.We missed to see Kaka score the single goal that night (if only we had stayed for 5 more minutes!). But we're ready to watch Spain vs Ukraina tonight (and it's not in the dawn, thank goodness--we need some sleep here)

No comments: