Wednesday, June 07, 2006

TIC TOC…TIC TOC….


And the biological clock starts clicking (when you reach age 25, or so Sandra said to me)..anyway, several days before today, I had PBS (Pre-Birthday Syndrome, I just made out those words), and I thought I would feel blue today. Now I’m not needy anymore, and I don’t take it personally if people don’t remember my birthday, but things were overwhelming lately and I was always in a bad mood.
Guess what…
I am HAPPY today!
I went home for work and there was nothing much to do, and half of my teammates were not there either, so after lunch I decided to go shopping and buy myself some gifts (a pair of new sneakers and a cool black swimsuit- I needed them so bad!), and Gina called me to say she was starting to worry bout me since I didn’t come back fast after lunch. Apparently the team had prepared a surprise little party for me (and they’d been waiting!)…we had a nice birthday cake with strawberries and kiwi on top, lots of heart-shaped balloons (Kristina and Gina blew them all), and lots of gifts.
In the evening Gina cooked me a delicious chili soup and biscuits and corns (as I had requested when she asked yesterday night). After that they asked me what I would like to do, and so we went to sing at the karaoke (just like I wanted to). They paid for that too, though I tried to insist that it was on me. We had a girls night (plus Janet but minus Sandra) singing some songs for an hour. I got to sing Michael Bubble’s Home, which is my fave, and it made me satisfied.
So, in addition to Teresa’s book, I got another writing book, a country CD from the US, alovely candle, a package of incense from Singapore, an aromatic lulur from Bali, a cool purse, a cosmetic package, an appropriate pants for a survey trip, some cash from my siblings and parents to buy oleh-oleh from Bali, and a gift certificate for a salad bar at pizza hut plus one trip to an outlet store to buy something new to wear! (and….a date on Friday night to watch the wizard of OZ and also to enjoy a tasty samgyetang soup!). Having your birthday(s) around Americans is really great!
Plus lots of hugs, e-cards, sms, messengers, and phone calls from my beloved ones – I feel lovable, yeah!

No comments: