Tuesday, June 06, 2006

LA CIOCCOLATA DA TERESA




A day before I turn 25, I received an Italian book (cioccolata calda per l’anima della donna) and a lovely birthday card from my American penpal, Teresa.
She lives in Portland and we’ve never met in person, and emails got rare as we got busier and busier, but she remembers my birthday! So, grazie, Teresa!
I love the book, it evokes my desire to learn Italian again (and not give up on it!)…
Another regalino is on its way from Trieste (my amica di penna Cristina), it’s going to my parents’ house because Cristina and I both are very concerned because the CD she sent a while ago has not arrived yet to my Jakarta address. Postal system sucks sometimes.
Anyway, I am so touched by the thoughtfulness of my sweet penpals. I hope Teresa and Cristina can know each other, I think they will get along very well.

No comments: